The Lockheed-Martin X-35 is a prototype aircraft designed and built in the United States. It was selected against the Boeing X-32 for the Joint Strike Fighter program. Three variants of X-35 were built. Series aircrafts are known like F-35 Lightning II.
Variants[change | edit source]
- X-35A, designed for replacement of General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon and Fairchild-Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II in the US Air Force.
- X-35B, designed for replacement of Mc Donnell Douglas AV-8B Harrier II in the US Marines Corps.
- X-35C, designed for replacement of McDonnell Douglas F/A-18 Hornet in the US Navy.
Bibliography[change | edit source]
- Frawley, Gerard, The international directory of military aircraft 2002/2003 . London: Aerospace Publication, 2002. ISBN 1-875671-55-2.
- Donald, David, Carrier Aviation Air Power Directory, The World's carrier and their aircraft 1950 - Present. London: Airtime Publishing, 2001. ISBN 1-880588-43-9.