|Born||November 8, 1959
Fort William, ON, CAN
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight||200 lb (91 kg; 14 st 4 lb)|
|Played for||Pittsburgh Penguins
Los Angeles Kings
|NHL Draft||115th overall, 1979
Chorney played four seasons of college hockey at the University of North Dakota. He was named to the NCAA All-Tournament team in 1980, and two first All Star teams in 1981. He began his playing career with the Pittsburgh Penguins who drafted him in the 6th round of the 1979 NHL Entry Draft. Chorney was traded to the Los Angeles Kings for a 6th round choice (Stuart Marston) in the 1985 NHL Entry Draft. After spending a season with the Kings, he was signed by the Washington Capitals but failed to earn a spot on the roster.
Achievements & Awards[change]
- WCHA Second All-Star Team (1980)
- NCAA Championship All-Tournament Team (1980)
- WCHA First All-Star Team (1981)
- NCAA West First All-American Team (1981)
- http://www.legendsofhockey.net/LegendsOfHockey/jsp/SearchPlayer.jsp?player=12264Legends of Hockey. 2001-07. Retrieved August 21, 2007.