Birth and childhood[change | edit source]
Michelle Kwan was born on July 7, 1980, in Torrance, California. Kwan showed interest in figure stating when she followed Ron and Karen, her brother and sister, onto the ice, saying that all she could remember was "every day, tying up my skates and a big smile on my face, excited to go on the ice". She attended public school until eighth grade, when she began being homeschooled in 1994.
Junior world champion[change | edit source]
Kwan won the world junior championship in 1994. The same year, at the age of 13, she came in the top 10 in the world senior championship. She became world champion in 1996, when she was 15.
Olympics[change | edit source]
- World Championships: first place in 1996, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2003
- Olympics: 1998 - silver; 2002 - bronze
- U.S. Championships: first place in 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005
References[change | edit source]
- "CNN Programs - People in the News". cnn.com. http://edition.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/people/shows/kwan/profile.html. Retrieved 18 October 2010.
- Brennan, Christine (in English). Inside Edge. New York: Scribner. ISBN 0-684-80167-1.
Other websites[change | edit source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Michelle Kwan|
- United States Figure Skating Association (USFSA) Athlete Biography
- International Skating Union (ISU) Skater Biography
- US Olympic Committee Biography
- Michelle Kwan Fan Site (1)
- Michelle Kwan Fan Site (2)