A Miracle is an amazing, beneficial event that goes against (or at least seems to) the laws of nature. Some people say that a miracle is always an act brought about by God or other supernatural force (such as an angel). Others say that there can always be another explanation for it.
According to the Bible [change]
In the Bible a miracle is an act by God, where God's presence is shown. They can be an act that affects one person, or a gigantic disturbance of nature that changes the world.
Examples in the Bible [change]
Here are seven types that can be found. These are just some of the many miracles in the Bible.
- God’s authority
- Moses parts the Red Sea so that the people of Israel could escape from Egypt
- Jesus commands the storm winds to stop blowing
- A man crippled since birth gets up and walks after Jesus heals him
- Jesus makes a man who was born blind to see
- Judgment for evil
- People became so evil that God destroys them with a flood; Noah and his family are saved
- Two members of the Jerusalem church are struck dead for lying
- God gives manna to the Israelites as they traveled through the desert
- Jesus feeds thousands of people with only five loaves of bread and two fish
- Raising the dead
- By the power of God, Elijah raises a widow’s dead son back to life
- Jesus raises his friend, Lazarus, to life
- King Nebuchadnezzar tries to burn Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego to death in a fiery furnace, but God keeps them from burning
- The prophet Isaiah has a vision of God seated on his throne surrounded by angels
- Saul has a vision of Jesus that changed his life