Miss World 2008 Ksenia Sukhinova
|Key people||Eric Morley|
Miss World is a international beauty pageant that started in 1951. It is is the oldest surviving major international beauty pageant. The contest was created in the United Kingdom by Eric Morley, and run as part of the Mecca Leisure Group. Since his death in 2000, Morley's wife, Julia Morley, co-chairs the pageant.
The winner spends a year travelling to represent the Miss World Organization and its various causes. The current Miss World is Yu Wenxia of China. Traditionally, Miss World lives in London during her reign.
References[change | edit source]
- "Miss World 1951". Pageantopolis. http://www.pageantopolis.com/international/world_1951.htm. Retrieved 24 May 2011.
- "Miss World 1952". Pageantopolis. http://www.pageantopolis.com/international/world_1952.htm. Retrieved 24 May 2011.
- "Tianjin Miss World China Pageant comes to a close". China Daily. 28 August 2009. http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/m/tianjin/e/2009-08/28/content_8629097.htm. Retrieved 24 May 2011.
- "Miss Universe on August 23". Timesofmalta.com. http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20090814/world-news/miss-universe-on-august-23. Retrieved 24 May 2011.
- "Pageant News Bureau – Miss World: A long, glittering history". Pageant.com. http://www.pageant.com/archive/world.html. Retrieved 24 May 2011.
- "Tracing the regal existence of ‘Miss Universe’". Spicezee.com. 7 October 2008. http://www.spicezee.com/missuniverse08/article5354.htm. Retrieved 24 May 2011.
- Philanthropy Magazine: beauty with a purpose
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Miss World|