National Museum of Modern Art, Kyoto
|National Museum of Modern Art, Kyoto|
The museum acquires, conserves, researches, communicates and exhibits a collection of modern art, including of Japanese-style painting (nihonga), Western-style painting (yōga), prints, sculpture, crafts and photography.
The Museum is currently undergoing renovation and will reopen in April 2012.
History[change | edit source]
In 1967, this annex became the National Museum of Modern Art, Kyoto.
Related pages[change | edit source]
- Kyoto National Museum (KNM)
- Kyushu National Museum
- Nara National Museum (NNM)
- National Art Center, Tokyo (NACT)
- National Museum of Art, Osaka (NMAO)
- National Museum of Modern Art, Tokyo (MOMAT)
- National Museum of Western Art (NMWA)
- Tokyo National Museum (TNM)
- List of Independent Administrative Institutes in Japan
- List of national museums
References[change | edit source]
- MOMAK is an English acronym. MOMAK stands for "Museum Of Modern Art, Kkoto.
- Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2005). "Museums" in Japan Encyclopedia, pp. 671-673.
- Turp, John. (2007). DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Japan, p. 168; MOMAK, Getting to MOMAK; retrieved 2012-2-8.
- National Museum of Modern Art, Kyoto (MOMAK), Collection Gallery; retrieved 2012-2-8.
- MOMAK, About MOMAK; retrieved 2012-2-8.