Cage at the 2011 San Diego Comic-Con International
|Born||Nicolas Kim Coppola
January 7, 1964
Long Beach, California, U.S.
|Education||Beverly Hills High School|
|Alma mater||UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television|
Nicolas Kim Coppola (born January 7, 1964), known professionally as Nicolas Cage, is an American actor, producer and director. He was born in Long Beach, California. He has starred in many movies, including: Peggy Sue Got Married (1986), Kiss of Death (1995), Face/Off (1997), The Wicker Man, Ghost Rider (2007), Knowing (2009) and Kick-Ass (2010). Cage won an Academy Award for the Best Actor in the movie Leaving Las Vegas (1995).
Early life[change | edit source]
He was born on January 7, 1964, in Long Beach, California. His parents August Floyd Coppola, a professor of literature, and Joy (nee Vogelsang), a dancer and choreographer. His mother is of Polish and German ancestry; his father was Italian-American. He was raised in a Catholic family.
References[change | edit source]
- "Nicolas Cage – Biography". Tiscali.co.uk. http://www.tiscali.co.uk/entertainment/film/biography/artist/nicolas-cage/biography/90. Retrieved January 9, 2014.
- Nicolas Cage – Encyclopædia Britannica Online, 18.12.2010.
- Contemporary theatre, film, and television – Gale Research Company, 2000.
- Nicolas Cage – Corinne J. Naden, Rose Blue. Lucent Books, 2003.
- "Nicholas Cage is back with digit-al thriller 'Knowing'". New York: Daily News. http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/2009/03/15/2009-03-15_nicholas_cage_is_back_with_digital_thril.html. Retrieved January 9, 2014.[dead link]
- "This much I know: Karen Koster". Irish Examiner. http://www.irishexaminer.com/weekend/features/this-much-i-know-karen-koster-155089.html. Retrieved January 9, 2014.