From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Classification and external resources|
A man picking his nose
Nose-picking is the act of sticking a finger into the nose and digging inside. It is a taboo subject in most countries. It is considered to be very gross and disgusting despite being a very common habit. Nose-picking can also cause nose bleeds.
Other websites[change | change source]
- BBC home: The Truth About Nose-picking
- Toddlers and Nose Picking
- Adams, Cecil (1982-08-20). "Can you die from picking your nose?". The Straight Dope. http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a1_270b.html. Retrieved 2008-12-18.
- Ilori, Kemi (2007-06-19). "Nose Picking: The interesting and funny habit". The Daily Sun. http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/goodhealth/2007/june/19/goodhealth-19-06-2007-004.htm. Retrieved 2008-12-18.
- "Man dies from picking his nose". The Daily Telegraph. 2008-12-05. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/3566273/Man-dies-from-picking-his-nose.html. Retrieved 2008-12-18.
- (In fact) Nose-picking favorite occupation of the Dutch (March 2007) (Dutch) Translated version
- Another article on same topic (August 2008) (Dutch) Translated version
- For an elaborate spoof, see "Nose-picking in the Pongidae and Its Implication for Human Evolution", said to be from the American Journal of Nasal Anatomy, (1987)