Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries
Members[change | change source]
12 countries are members of OPEC. The names of these countries are:
- Saudi Arabia
- The United Arab Emirates
Aims[change | change source]
Member countries of the OPEC came together to form this international organization with several aims. Some of the aims are:
- To protect the interest of the member countries.
- To make sure that the price of petroleum products do not change much.
- To make certain a regular supply of petroleum oil to other countries.
- To make sure that member countries get the right amount of money from sale of oil products.
- To decide policies to follow relating to production and sale of petroleum oil.
However, OPEC has not always been able to achieve all these aims.