From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Genre||Children's stop motion comedy|
|Created by||Otmar Gutmann|
|Written by||Silvio Mazzola|
|Starring||Carlo Bonomi (series 1-4)
Marcello Magni and
David Sant (series 5-6)
|Country of origin||Switzerland|
|No. of seasons||Original series: 4
Revived series: 2
|No. of episodes||Original series: 105
Revived series: 52
157 (total) (List of episodes)
|Running time||Approximately five minutes|
|Production company(s)||Trickfilmstudio Otmar Gutmannn SRG/ZRG/Telepool/Editoy (1986-1996) The Pygos Group (1998) HiT Entertainment (1998-present) Hot Animation (2003-2006)|
|Distributor||SF DRS (1986-1998), BBC Two (2003 - 2007)|
|Original channel||SF DRS (Switzerland) BBC Two CBBC (1986-2002) TCC (1994) CBeebies (2003-2012) Nick Jr (2004-present) (United Kingdom)|
|Original run||28 May 1986– 3 March 2007|
History[change | edit source]
Characters[change | edit source]
The cast of Pingu includes the family and friends of Pingu.
- Pingu is a main character of this cartoon. He is cheerful, and bright emperor penguin. When he enter cave, he becomes no sense of direction. When he call someone with loud voice, his beak becomes like a trumpet.
- Pinga is smaller sister of Pingu. She is a little tomboyish.
- Robby is seal,friend of Pingu, and very clever. He makes a paintings very well.
- Pingi is girlfriend of Pingu. She is stability.
- Pingo, Pingg, Pongi and Punki are friends of Pingu.
- Papa and Maman are very scary when they are angry, but they are tender at ordinary times.
Personality of Pingu[change | edit source]
- he is very bad at green vegetables. Since he cannot eat green vegetables,he brings out some affairs.
- His birthday is October 28th.
- Pingu's favorite thing is bear doll, and Pinga's one is rabbit doll.
- He has sense of musical performance.
References[change | edit source]
Other websites[change | edit source]
- Pingu official website
- Pingu at Toonopedia
- Pingu at the Big Cartoon DataBase
- Pingu at the Open Directory Project