|Time zone||BST (UTC+6)|
Rangpur is one of the major cities in Bangladesh. Rangpur is the centre of northwestern Bangladesh. Rangpur used to be the headquarter of Greater Rangpur district. Later the Greater Rangpur district was broken down into Rangpur, Kurigram, Nilphamari, Lalmonirhat and Gaibandha districts. A public university "Begum Rokeya University, Rangpur" was recently started in the southern part of the city.
Places of interest[change | edit source]
- Tajhat Palace is at Tajhat, the southern end of Rangpur city. In 2004, it was largely fixed and turned into a museum.
- Carmichael College is in the southern part of the city. It is just a few minutes drive from the city centre.
- Rangpur Zilla School, formed more than a century ago.
Education[change | edit source]
Major schools in the city include:
- Begum Rokeya College
- Carmichael College
- Colectorate School and College
- Policelines School and College
- Rangpur Cadet College
- Rangpur Cantonment Public College
- Rangpur Government College
- Rangpur Medical College
- Rangpur Polytechnic Institute
- Rangpur University
- Rangpur Zilla School