Robert Earl Jones
|Robert Earl Jones|
|Born||February 3, 1904
Coldwater, Mississippi, USA
|Died||September 7, 2006
Englewood, New Jersey, USA
|Other names||Earl Jones|
Jumelle P. Jones
|Children||James Earl Jones|
Robert Earl Jones (February 3, any year between 1900 and 1911 depending the source - September 7, 2006) was an American actor. One of the movies he was in the 1973 movie The Sting. He also was in the 1984 movie The Cotton Club and the 1983 movie Trading Places. His year of birth is reported as between 1900 and 1911. The most often is 1910 as reported by the Social Security Administration. He was also the father of James Earl Jones. He died in Englewood New Jersey of natural causes.
References[change | change source]
- Margalit Fox (19 September 2006). "Robert Earl Jones, 96, Broadway Actor, Dies". The New York Times. Archived from the original on 2009-04-24. http://web.archive.org/web/20090424231426/http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/19/obituaries/19jones.htm. Retrieved 2012-08-24.
- "Social Security Death Index Search". RootsWeb.com. http://ssdi.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/ssdi.cgi. Retrieved 2007-05-23. A database search on Robert Jones, 121-01-1664 returns: ROBERT EARL JONES, 03 Feb 1910, 07 Sep 2006, (V) 12564 Pawling, Dutchess, NY 121-01-1664, New York.
- Jones' date of birth has been reported differently by sources as being between 1900 and 1911. The most likely date is 1910, which is the date reported by the United States Social Security Administration.
- Rebecca Flint Marx. "James Earl Jones Biography". All Movie Guide. http://www.allmovie.com/artist/james-earl-jones-36131/bio. Retrieved August 24, 2012.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Robert Earl Jones at the Internet Broadway Database
- Robert Earl Jones at the Internet Movie Database
- Robert Earl Jones at Yahoo! Movies