Dee in the early 1960s
April 23, 1944
Bayonne, New Jersey, U.S.
|Died||February 20, 2005
Thousand Oaks, California, U.S.
|Cause of death||Kidney disease|
|Resting place||Forest Lawn Memorial Park Cemetery, Hollywood Hills|
|Spouse||Bobby Darin (m. 1960–1967) ; divorced; 1 child|
Alexandra Zuck, later known as Sandra Dee (April 23, 1944 – February 23, 2005), was an American actress who began with modeling and later progressed into movies. She received a Golden Globe Award in 1959, and during the 1960s her movies were popular, although in the late 1960s her acting career began declining. Sandra Dee was born in New Jersey. She died due to kidney disease, aged 62.
References[change | change source]
- Kehr, Dave (2005-02-20). "Sandra Dee, 'Gidget' Star and Teenage Idol, Dies at 62". The New York Times. http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/20/movies/20cnd-dee.html?ex=1266728400&en=a2d4c4eedf02d972&ei=5090. Retrieved 2009-09-02.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Sandra Dee|
- Sandra Dee at the Internet Movie Database
- Sandra Dee at the TCM Movie Database
- Sandra Dee at Find a Grave
- "Biography of Sandra Dee". Biography. http://www.biography.com/search/article.jsp?aid=9542304.
- Merkin, Daphne (December 25, 2005). "Gidget Doesn't Live Here Anymore". The New York Times. http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/25/magazine/25dee.html?ex=1293166800&en=5e51192381477d9e&ei=5090. Retrieved May 23, 2010.
- Sandra Dee (March 18, 1991). "Learning to Live Again: A Former Teen Queen Shakes Free of Her Humiliating Past to End Years of Self-Hate and Loneliness". people.com (People Magazine) 35 (10). http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20114698,00.html. Retrieved 16 August 2012.
- "The Golden Years website". thegoldenyears.org. http://thegoldenyears.org/dee.html.