The group of islands, islets and rocks is east of mainland China, northeast of Taiwan, west of Okinawa, and north of the southwestern end of the Ryukyu Islands. The islands are about 200km from Taiwan, and about 300 km from Okinawa.
The islands are also described as part of China. There are conflicts in the positions of the People's Republic of China (PRC) and the Republic of China (ROC). The PRC and ROC have a shared history.
Related pages [change]
- National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, Senkaku-guntō, Japan. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, Senkaku-rettō, Japan. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- Netherlands Institute for the Law of the Sea (NILOS). (2000). International Organizations and the Law of the Sea, p. 107. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- Government Information Office, Republic of China (ROC): "Ma Ying-jeou: Beijing’s Senkaku Claim isn’t Taipei’s Claim," China news Agency (ROC). July 22, 2011. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- Shaw, Han-yi. (1999). The Diaoyutai/Senkaku Islands Dispute: Its History and an Analysis of the Ownership Claims of the PRC, ROC, and Japan, p. 10 (PDF 12 of 150).
- GlobalSecurity.org, "Senkaku/Diaoyutai Islands". Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- Hunt, Pete. "China and Japan's Wikipedia War," Foreign Policy (US). February 5, 2013; retrieved 2013-4-2.
- NILOS, p. 108. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- Permanent Mission of the People's Republic of China to the UN, Foreign Ministry Spokesperson's Remarks; compare Youth Research Group (Russia), "Senkaku (Diaoyudao) Islands"; retrieved 2011-10-10.
- Suganuma, Unryu (2001). Sovereign Rights and Territorial Space in Sino-Japanese Relations: Irredentism and the Diaoyu/Senkaku Islands, pp. 89-92.
- Lee, Seokwoo et al. (2002). Territorial disputes among Japan, Taiwan and China concerning the Senkaku Islands, pp. 11-12. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- Shaw, p. 41 (PDF 43 of 150); retrieved 2011-10-10.
- Finney, John W. "Senate Endorses Okinawa Treaty; Votes 84 to 6 for Island's Return to Japan," New York Times. November 11, 1971; Congressional Research Service Report 96-798, September 30, 1996. Retrieved 2011-11-11.
Other websites [change]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Senkaku Islands|
- Japan, "The Basic view on the Sovereignty over the Senkaku Islands", Japan Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- China, "China's Diaoyu Islands Sovereignty is Undeniable", People's Daily
- Taiwan, "ROC (Taiwan) Government Reaffirms Sovereignty over Diaoyutai Islands", Republic of China Ministry of Foreign Affairs