|Birth name||Eilleen Regina Edwards|
|Also known as||Eilleen Twain (1967–1992)|
|Born||August 28, 1965
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
|Origin||Timmins, Ontario, Canada|
|Occupations||Singer-songwriter, television personality|
|Associated acts||Billy Currington, Mark McGrath, Lionel Richie, Michael Bublé, Alison Krauss|
Shania Twain OC (born Eilleen Regina Edwards;August 28, 1965 in Timmins, Ontario, Canada) is a Canadian singer-songwriter. She was married a long time to music producer Mutt Lange. She is a very successful singer/songwriter in the country and pop music genres. She is starting a musical show in Las Vegas, Nevada in late 2012.
Her 1995 album The Woman in Me brought her fame. Her 1997 album Come On Over became the best-selling album of all time by a female musician in any genre, and the best-selling country album of all time. It has sold more than 40 million copies worldwide.
Personal life [change]
Twain married music producer Robert John "Mutt" Lange on December 28, 1993. They have a son, Eja (pronounced "Asia") D'Angelo, who was born on August 12, 2001. On May 15, 2008, a spokesperson for Mercury Nashville said that Twain and Lange were separating. This was after Lange allegedly had an affair with Twain's best friend, Marie-Anne Thiébaud. Their divorce was finalized on June 9, 2010. On December 20, 2010, Twain's manager said that Twain was engaged to Swiss Frédéric Thiébaud (the ex-husband of her former best friend), an executive at Nestlé. They married on January 1, 2011 in Rincón, Puerto Rico.
Awards and honours [change]
In addition to the awards for her singles and albums, Twain has a number of personal honours:
- She was named the 1999 Entertainer of the Year by both the Academy of Country Music and the Country Music Association. Twain was the first non-US citizen to win the CMA award.
- Twain was ranked No.7 in Country Music Television's 40 Greatest Women of Country Music in 2002.
- In 2003, Twain was inducted into Canada's Walk of Fame.
- The city of Timmins (in Ontario, Canada) renamed a street for her, gave her the key to the city, and built the Shania Twain Centre in her honour.
- On November 18, 2005, Twain became an Officer in the Order of Canada.
- Twain was added to the Canadian Music Hall of Fame at the Juno Awards on March 27, 2011.
- On June 2, 2011, Twain received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Her star is the 2,442nd Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in the Category of Recording.
Twain has released thirty-five singles from four studio albums, one greatest hits album, and one soundtrack album.
- Studio albums
- 1993-What Made You Say That
- 1993-Dance With The One Who Brought You
- 1993-You Lay A Whole Lot Of Love On Me
- 1995-Who's Bed Have Your Boots Been Under?
- 1995-Any Man Of Mine-#1 US Country
- 1995-(If You're Not In It For Love) I'm Outta Here!-#1 US Country
- 1995-The Woman In Me (Needs The Man In You)
- 1996-You Win My Love-#1 US Country
- 1996-No One Needs To Know-#1 US Country
- 1996-Home Ain't Where His Heart Is Anymore
- 1996-God Bless The Child
- 1997-Love Gets Me Every Time-#1 US Country
- 1997-Don't Be Stupid (You Know I Love You)
- 1998-You're Still The One-#1 US Country
- 1998-From This Moment On
- 1998-Honey, I'm Home-#1 US Country
- 1998-That Don't Impress Me Much
- 1999-Man! I Feel Like A Woman!
- 1999-Come On Over
- 1999-You've Got A Way
- 2000-Rock This Country
- 2000-I'm Holding On To Love (To Save My Life)!
- 2001-It's Alright (Dance Mix)
- 2002-I'm Gonna Getcha Good!
- 2003-Forever And For Always
- 2003-Thank You Baby ! (For Making Someday Come So Soon)
- 2003-She's Not Just A Pretty Face
- 2003-When You Kiss Me
- 2004-It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing
- 2004-Party For Two
- 2005-I Ain't No Quitter
- 2011-Today Is Your Day
- RIAA Top 100 Albums, Riaa.com, http://riaa.com/goldandplatinumdata.php?table=tblTop100, retrieved October 1, 2009
- Harris, Bill (November 7, 2005). "Biopic looks at Twain's early years". Jam! (Canadian Online Explorer). http://jam.canoe.ca/Television/2005/11/06/1295562.html. Retrieved March 23, 2010.
- Twain, Shania, Atria Books Inks Deal for Shania Twain Memoir, Shania Twain website, http://www.shaniatwain.com/news_archive.html?articleID=124§ionID=1, retrieved January 19, 2011
- "Scoop: For Shania Twain, an Eja Minor". People.com. 2001-12-03. http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20135201,00.html. Retrieved 2012-03-13.
- Shania Twain, Mutt Lange Separating After 14 Years They are now getting a divorce.
- MSN news Retrieved on May 16, 2008.
- Julie Dam (June 10, 2010). "Shania Twain Is Officially Divorced – and 'Radiantly Happy'". People. http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20392236,00.html?cnn=yes. Retrieved June 11, 2010.
- December 20, 2010 (December 20, 2010). "Shania Twain Engaged to Frederic Thiebaud". Cmt.com. http://www.cmt.com/news/news-in-brief/1654657/shania-twain-engaged-to-frederic-thiebaud.jhtml. Retrieved March 3, 2011.
- Chiu, Alexis. "Shania's Broken Heart", People magazine, June 9, 2008
- "Twain gets married Saturday". Country Standard Time. January 2, 2011. http://www.countrystandardtime.com/news/newsitem.asp?xid=4889. Retrieved January 3, 2011.
- Holly George Warren.Shania Twain 2
- "2011 Sexiest Vegetarian Celebrities: Past Winners," PETA.org, accessed 29 February 2012.
- "It's Official – There is a Shania Twain Autobiography Book Deal". September 22, 2010. http://www.countrymusictattletale.com/2010/09/22/its-official-there-is-a-shania-twain-autobiography-book-deal.
- "News". Shaniatwain.com. http://www.shaniatwain.com/news_archive.html?articleID=136§ionID=1. Retrieved March 3, 2011.
- The Greatest: 40 Greatest Women of Country Music, Cmt.com, http://www.cmt.com/shows/dyn/greatest_series/76608/episode_countdown.jhtml, retrieved October 1, 2009
- Shania Twain in Canada's Walk of Fame
- Shania Twain Centre, Shaniatwaincenter.com, http://www.shaniatwaincenter.com, retrieved October 1, 2009
- CTV, Ctv.ca, November 18, 2005, http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20051118/shania_twain_051118/20051118?hub=Canada, retrieved October 1, 2009