Sri Chinmoy (August 27, 1931 – October 11, 2007) was a Bengali spiritual Master, poet, artist and athlete who immigrated to the U.S. in 1964 . Sri Chinmoy wrote 1,500 books, 115,000 poems and 20,000 songs, created 200,000 paintings and gave almost 800 free peace concerts around the world.
World Harmony Run[change | change source]
Quotes[change | change source]
- "True religion has a universal quality. It does not find fault with other religions. [...] Forgiveness, compassion, tolerance, brotherhood and the feeling of oneness are the signs of a true religion."
References[change | change source]
- "Sri Chinmoy, Athletic Spiritual Leader, Dies at 76". New York Times. 2007-10-13. http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/13/nyregion/13chinmoy.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=sri+chinmoy&st=nyt. Retrieved 2012-07-15.
- "Peace Institute Honors Chinmoy". Hinduism Today. 1994-2-1. http://www.hinduismtoday.com/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=3223. Retrieved 2012-07-15.
- "World Harmony Run". http://www.worldharmonyrun.org/. Retrieved 2012-07-15.
- "What Has To Prevail In Religion—Reason, Or...". http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0988/1/21/. Retrieved 2012-07-15.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Sri Chinmoy|