From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
How To Make Takoyaki [change]
- First, mix flour and egg with water to make dough. It is important the dough is not too thick but not too watery.
- Second, pour the dough into a takoyaki pan.
- Third, put a piece of cut, boiled octopus into each of the holes of the takoyaki pan. Also, put pickled ginger, and tenkasu (deep-fried flour dough).
- Fourth, turn the dough as it cooks to make a ball-shape.
- Finally, once cooked, put takoyaki sauce, katsubushi (dried fish flakes), and aonori (green laver) on the balls.
Minor planet [change]
A minor planet named "6562 Takoyaki" was discovered in 1991 by M. Yanai and K. Watanabe at Katani. The name was selected by children who visited the Funai Space Festival which was held in Osaka in 2001.
- Kaneko, Amy. (2007). Let's Cook Japanese Food!: Everyday Recipes for Home Cooking, p. 36
- Hill, Brenda D. and Maralyn D. Hill. (1999). Our Love Affairs with Food and Travel, p. 119.
- JapanVisitor, "Takoyaki: Icon of Osaka"; retrieved 2012-3-6.
- Schmadel, Lutz D. (2003). Dictionary of Minor Planet Names, p. 541.
Other websites [change]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Takoyaki|