The Mysteries of Alfred Hedgehog
||This article needs to be wikified. (March 2012)|
|The Mysteries of Alfred Hedgehog|
|Format||Children's television series, Animation|
|Country of origin||France
|No. of episodes||26|
|Running time||30 minutes (approx. 11 minutes per episode)|
|Original run||January 9, 2010 – present|
The Mysteries of Alfred Hedgehog is a TV show made in France and Canada. The main characters are talking animals from the woods, hence Gnarly Woods. The show follows three characters-Alfred Hedgehog, Camille Wallaby, and Milo Skunk as they solve mysteries.
Characters[change | edit source]
Hedgehogs[change | edit source]
- Alfred Hedgehog is the main detective of the series, and one of three detectives appearing in every episode. His eyes are green and his primary outfit is a white shirt covered in a blue T-shirt with khaki shorts. He is a young detective who carries a device called a Detectaberry. With the help of his friends and family, he uses these clues to solve mysteries, most of which have something to do with the natural world or science. His catchphrase in most episodes is, "This is serious mysterious".
- Lily Hedgehog is Alfred's little sister with low pigtails decorated in red bows. She worships her big brother, and often helps him with collecting clues to solve his mysteries. She is a surprisingly good painter, considering her age, and is mentioned several times that she is able to sell her paintings and enter them in art contests against much older competitors.
- Mrs. Hedgehog is the mother of Alfred and Lily. She wears a ponytail tied in a hairband and owns the house of the Hedgehog family. She is also called Mrs. "H" by Alfred's best friends.
- Mr. Hedgehog is the father of Alfred and Lily. He keeps bees.
Alfred's Friends[change | edit source]
- Camille Wallaby is good, but sometimes angry and in too much of a hurry. She has red hair tied in high pigtails with a pink hairclip on her left side and blue eyes. Her outfit is a hoodie with a red skirt and blue sneakers. She is one of the three main detectives to appear in all episodes and the only girl in "Ol' Fingerbone's Revenge".
- Milo Skunk has colorful imagination and likes telling jokes. He wears glasses and is a good runner. His outfit is a yellow shirt with brown pants. He is one of the three detectives to appear in all episodes. He invented the Milo-nator, a pair of goggles that separates the sound from the video.
Paynes[change | edit source]
- Cynthia Payne (// PAYN), pronounced pain, is a minor villain of the series at times. She is the only member of the Payne family to have a long tail. As a cheerleader, she likes to use orange-colored pom-poms. She is also a worshiper of Ricardo Rabbit and Razzy.
- Miso Payne is Cynthia's mother. She wears pink in some episodes. She runs a fundraiser mixed with an inflatable water slide ride and manicure with her in the episode called "It's Raining Fish!"
- Louise is one of Cynthia's cousins. She has purple feathers and wears a pink ponytail. As one of the cheerleaders, she likes to use light blue pom-poms. She is also one of the devoted fans of Ricardo Rabbit and Razzy.
- Tina is one of Cynthia's cousins. She has periwinkle feathers with a plum-colored Bob cut. As one of the cheerleaders, she likes to use magenta pom-poms. She is also one of the fans of Ricardo Rabbit and Razzy.
- Gaby is one of Cynthia's cousins. She is the tallest of her cousins and as one of the cheerleaders, she uses light green pom-poms. She is also one of the devoted fans of Ricardo Rabbit and Razzy.
Rusards[change | edit source]
- Mr. Rusard is a fox and is a teacher of Gnarly Woods Academy. He is a supporting character in the series. He has green eyes, orange hair, and is often seen wearing a blue vest over a white button down shirt. He often organizes many events in the community and has many children. Towards the end of "Glowing Eyes", he plays a flute to attract the fireflies.
- Mr. Rusard's kids, Ixabelle and Edward Cullen are seen in some episodes.
Notes[change | edit source]
- , Gaumont-Alphanim site Alfred Hedgehog.