Notable people from Vinje[change | change source]
- Terje Håkonsen, snowboarder
- Aslak Brekke, kveder ( a type of folk musician )
- Myllarguten, or Targjei Augundsson (1801-1872), Master fiddler / artist
- Odd Nordstoga,popular musician
- Aasmund Olavsson Vinje, author
- Tarjei Vesaas, author
- Dyre Vaa, sculptor. Sculptures by him are found in Oslo and Vinje.
- Aslaug Vaa, author
Places of interest[change | change source]
Vinje is the home of folk musician Myllarguten. His home there is now a small museum. A monument of Myllarguten is located near Kosi. Myllarguten was a 19th century musician. He who played for kings and inspired Edvard Grieg.
History[change | change source]
Arabygdi lies in the western part of Rauland. IT is on Lake Totak. The largest stone scree in Northern Europe, with huge boulders lying on the floor of the valley is here. "Urdbøuri", is the name of this famous place.