|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||1010s 1020s 1030s – 1040s – 1050s 1060s 1070s|
|Years:||1038 1039 1040 – 1041 – 1042 1043 1044|
Events[change | change source]
By place[change | change source]
Africa[change | change source]
- The Zirid dynasty turns down Shi'ite obedience and Fatimid rule and recognizes the Abbasids as their overlords.
Europe[change | change source]
- December 10 – Empress Zoe of Byzantium raises her adoptive son to the throne of the Eastern Roman Empire as Michael V.
- Worcester rebels against the naval taxes of Harthacanute.
- Edward the Confessor returns from exile to inherit Harthacanute. He reduces the Navy from 60 to 32 ships this year due to the tax burden.
Asia[change | change source]
- The number of enlisted soldiers in the Song Dynasty Chinese military reaches well over 1,250,000 troops, an increase since 1022 when there were a million soldiers.
Deaths[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- Gilbert Meynier (2010) L'Algérie cœur du Maghreb classique. De l'ouverture islamo-arabe au repli (658-1518). Paris: La Découverte; pp.50.