Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||990s 1000s 1010s – 1020s – 1030s 1040s 1050s|
|Years:||1019 1020 1021 – 1022 – 1023 1024 1025|
Events[change | change source]
By place[change | change source]
Europe[change | change source]
Asia[change | change source]
- Al-Muizz ibn Badis begins to rule Ifriqiya in his own right.
- The Song Dynasty Chinese military has one million registered soldiers, an increase since the turn of the 11th century when the Song military only had nine hundred thousand soldiers.
By topic[change | change source]
Religion[change | change source]
- Aethelnoth, Archbishop of Canterbury, is received at Rome.
- Several Catharists are killed in Toulouse.
- The Synod of Pavia issues decrees against non-celibate clergy and against simony.
- Robert II the Pious burns some canons of St. Croix in Orléans, for holding that the world is inherently evil.
Births[change | change source]
Deaths[change | change source]
- September 2 – Máel Sechnaill mac Domnaill, king of Mide and High King of Ireland
- November 20 – Bernward of Hildesheim
- December 20 – Elvira Mendes, queen of Alfonso V of Castile (b. 996)
- Olof Skötkonung, King of Sweden since 995 (b. c. 980)
- Emperor Zhenzong of China