Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Centuries:||11th century – 12th century – 13th century|
|Decades:||1150s 1160s 1170s – 1180s – 1190s 1200s 1210s|
|Years:||1181 1182 1183 – 1184 – 1185 1186 1187|
Events[change | change source]
- Abbeville receives its commercial charter.
- The Battle of Fimreite takes place.
- Archbishop Absalon of Lund wins a naval victory over Bogislav, duke of Pomerania.
- Streets of Paris paved by order of Philip Augustus.
- Second Battle of Uji
- Abu Yusuf Ya'qub al-Mansur — third Almohad Caliph
- Papal bull ad aboldendam issued against several European heretical groups: the Cathars, the Waldensians, the Patarines and the Humiliati. It was created after a landmark meeting between the Holy Roman Empire under Frederick Barbarossa and the Roman Church under Pope Lucius III.
Births[change | change source]
- April 11 — William of Winchester, Lord of Lunenburg (d. 1213)
- Eleanor, Fair Maid of Brittany (approximate date; d. 1241)
- Saadi, Iranian poet (d. 1291)
Deaths[change | change source]
- February 16 — Richard of Dover, Archbishop of Canterbury
- March 27 — Giorgi III, king of Georgia
- June 15 — Magnus Erlingsson, king of Norway (b. 1156)
- July 29 — Yusuf I, Almohad Caliph