|Centuries:||12th century – 13th century – 14th century|
|Decades:||1190s 1200s 1210s – 1220s – 1230s 1240s 1250s|
|Years:||1221 1222 1223 – 1224 – 1225 1226 1227|
Events[change | change source]
- Foundation of the University of Naples.
- Livonian Brothers of the Sword conquers Latgallians and the stronghold of Tartu from Ugaunian and Russian troops.
- Last of Arabs expelled from Sicily.
- The Chichimecas capture Tula, Hidalgo.
Deaths[change | change source]
- Cathal Crobdearg Ua Conchobair, King of Connacht (born 1153)
- Hōjō Yoshitoki, regent of the Kamakura shogunate of Japan (born 1163)
Monarchs/Presidents[change | change source]
- Aragon – James I King of Aragon and count of Barcelona (reigned from 1213 to 1276)
- Castile – Ferdinand III, the Saint King of Castile and León (reigned from 1217 to 1252)
- Holy See – Honorius III pope (from 1216 to 1227)
- Mongol Empire – Genghis Khan, Mongol Khan (from 1206 to 1227)
- Navarre – Sancho VII the Strong King of Navarre (reigned from 1194 to 1234)
- Portugal – Afonso II, the Fat, King of Portugal (reigned from 1212 to 1233)
- Venice – Pietro Ziani Doge of Venice (ruled from 1205 to 1229)