|Centuries:||12th century – 13th century – 14th century|
|Decades:||1210s 1220s 1230s – 1240s – 1250s 1260s 1270s|
|Years:||1243 1244 1245 – 1246 – 1247 1248 1249|
Events[change | change source]
- End of the reign of Emperor Go-Saga, emperor of Japan. Emperor Go-Fukakusa replaces him.
- Güyük Khan is enthroned as the 3rd Great Khan of the Mongol Empire.
- A papal mission under Giovanni da Pian del Carpine arrives at Karakorum and witnesses this event.
- The Mexica settle Chapultepec, a former Toltec stronghold.
- Sainte-Chapelle built.
- With the death of Duke Frederick II, the Babenberg dynasty ends in Austria
- Beaulieu Abbey dedicated.
Births[change | change source]
Deaths[change | change source]
- February 25 – Dafydd ap Llywelyn, King of Gwynedd
- May 31 – Isabella of Angouleme, queen of John of England
- June 15 – Duke Frederick II of Austria (born 1219)
- September 20 – Mikhail of Chernigov, Prince of Kiev
- September 30 – Yaroslav II of Russia (born 1190)
- November 8 – Berenguela of Castile, queen of Castile and León (born 1196)