|Centuries:||17th century – 18th century – 19th century|
|Decades:||1720s 1730s 1740s – 1750s – 1760s 1770s 1780s|
|Years:||1748 1749 1750 – 1751 – 1752 1753 1754|
Events[change | change source]
- Adam Smith is appointed professor of logic at the University of Glasgow
- March 25 – For the last time, New Year's Day is legally on March 25 in England and Wales.
- March 31 – The future King George III of the United Kingdom succeeds his father as Prince of Wales. His mother Augusta of Saxe-Gotha becomes Dowager Princess of Wales.
- First publication of Encyclopédie
- The Academy and College of Philadelphia, the predecessor to the private University of Pennsylvania, is founded.
- Pennsylvania Hospital, the first hospital in the British colonies, is founded.
- for more information, see Category:1751 births.
- for more information, see Category:1751 deaths.