Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Centuries:||21st century · 22nd century · 23rd century|
|Decades:||2100s 2110s 2120s 2130s 2140s|
2150s 2160s 2170s 2180s 2190s
|Categories:||Births – Deaths |
Establishments – Disestablishments
The 22nd century of the Anno Domini (common era) is the century following the current 21st century, in accordance with the Gregorian calendar. It will begin on January 1, 2101 and end on December 31, 2200.
Astronomical predictions for the 22nd century[change | change source]
- There will be 239 lunar eclipses
- Solar eclipses:
- June 25, 2150: a total solar eclipse with longer than 7 minutes of totality. This will be the first time this has happened in 177 years.
- July 5, 2168, 7 minutes 26 seconds of totality
- July 16, 2186, 7 minutes 29 seconds (close to the theoretical maximum). This is predicted to be the longest eclipse during the 8,000 year period from 3000 BC to CE 5000 (eclipse predictions by Fred Espenak, NASA).
- August 2113: First time Pluto reaches aphelion since its discovery.
- December 11, 2117: transit of Venus
- 2123: Triple conjunction Mars-Jupiter
- September 14, 2123: At 15:28 UTC, Venus will occult Jupiter
- December 8, 2125: Transit of Venus
- July 29, 2126: At 16:08 UTC, Mercury will occult Mars
- March 10, 2130: At 07:32 UTC, Sun passes through solar system barycenter
- December 3, 2133: At 14:14 UTC, Mercury will occult Venus
- 2134: Comet Halley will return to the inner solar system
- 2148: Triple conjunction Mars-Saturn
- 2170: Triple conjunction Mars-Jupiter
- Given that Pluto's orbit is approximately 248 Earth years, the year 2178 will mark the first Plutonian anniversary of the dwarf planet's discovery.
- 2185: Triple conjunction Mars-Saturn
- 2187: Triple conjunction Mars-Saturn
- September 2, 2197: Venus occults Spica (last occultation of Spica by Venus was on November 10, 1783)
Other[change | change source]
- In 2197, Joel Rifkin is eligible for parole for the murder of 18 prostitutes.
- FAT file systems support dates up to December 31, 2107.
- In 2110, Kipland "Kip" Kinkel is eligible for release after the murders of both his parents and two students at his school.
- April 15, 2112 – the 200th anniversary of the sinking of the RMS Titanic
- August 15, 2147 – the 200th anniversary of the independence of India
- September 18, 2110 – the 300th anniversary of the independence of Chile