|Genres||K-pop, dance, R&B|
2NE1 (Korean: 투애니원) was a K-pop of girl group from South Korea. They were formed in 2009 and split in 2016. They are best known for their nine number one hit songs in South Korea. These included "Try to Follow Me", "Go Away", "Lonely", "I Am the Best", "Ugly", "I Love You", "Falling in Love", "Missing You", and "Come Back Home". Before their split, 2NE1 was one of the most successful girl groups in South Korea.
History[change | change source]
2NE1's first single was "Lollipop" and came out in March 2009.
Their second single "I Don't Care" was released on 1 July 2009. "I Don't Care" received great success, topping various Korean music shows and was also the most downloaded song of the year 2009. By the end of 2011 the song has sold 4,503.928 digital copies, becoming one of the most successful singles of all-time in Korea .
During 2011 and 2012, 2NE1 was active in Japan, and made some Japanese versions of their songs.
After their album, Crush in 2014, the group mysteriously became inactive for 2 years. Minzy left in March 2016, while the rest of the group broke up in November 2016. Their last song, Goodbye, was released in 2017.
Music[change | change source]
- 2NE1 1st Mini Album (2009)
- To Anyone (2010)
- 2NE1 2nd Mini Album (2011)
- Nolza (2011)
- Collection (2012)
- Crush (2014)
- Goodbye (2017) (a single)
References[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2NE1.|
- Tamar Herman (26 November 2016). "2NE1 Officially Disbands, YG Entertainment Renews Contracts With CL and Dara". www.billboard.com. Retrieved 30 September 2019.
- Herman, Tamar (12 July 2017). "10 Best K-Pop Girl Groups of the Past Decade: Critic's Picks". Billboard. Retrieved 30 September 2019.
- Liu, Marian (17 February 2017). "K-pop's growing pains: Why Asia's biggest bands are splitting up". CNN. Retrieved 30 September 2019.
- Dutta, Soma (15 October 2015). "16 Best Selling Girl Groups of All Time". Insider Monkey. Retrieved 30 September 2019.
- korean-artists official social page.