2 Punjab Regiment
(Redirected from 2nd Punjab Regiment)
The 2nd Punjab Regiment was a British Indian Army regiment from 1922 to the partition of India in 1947.
The regiment was formed by the amalgamation of the following regiments:
- 1st Battalion, from the 67th Punjabis, formerly the 7th Regiment of Madras Native Infantry
- 2nd Battalion, from the 69th Punjabis
- 3rd Battalion, from the 72nd Punjabis
- 4th Battalion, from the 74th Punjabis
- 5th Battalion, from the 87th Punjabis
- 10th (Training) Battalion, formed by redesignation of 2nd Bn, 67th Punjabis
After the independence and partition of India in August 1947, this regiment became the Punjab Regiment (India).