From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||6th century BC – 5th century BC – 4th century BC|
|Decades:||500s BC 490s BC 480s BC – 470s BC – 460s BC 450s BC 440s BC|
|Years:||473 BC 472 BC 471 BC – 470 BC – 469 BC 468 BC 467 BC|
Year 470 BC was a year of the pre-Julian Roman calendar.
Events[change | change source]
By place[change | change source]
Greece[change | change source]
- Pausanias hides in the Temple of Athena of the Brazen House to escape arrest. The Spartans wall in the sanctuary and starve Pausanias to death.
By topic[change | change source]
Architecture[change | change source]
Art[change | change source]
- The Charioteer, in the Sanctuary of Apollo, Delphi, is created. It was for a victory in the Pythian Games of 478 or 474 BC (approximate date). It is now kept at the Delphi Archaeological Museum.
- Pan Painter makes a "bell krater" (an earthenware piece that is used to mix water and wine) which has a red-figure decoration of Artemis slaying Actaeon. It is now kept at the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston (approximate date).
Births[change | change source]
- Aspasia of Miletus, mistress of Pericles of Athens (d. c. 400 BC)
- Mozi, Chinese philosopher (d. c. 390 BC)