Aila Meriluoto (10 January 1924 – 21 October 2019) was a Finnish poet, writer and translator. She was born in Pieksämäki, Finland. She became the most celebrated and widely read female poet of post-war Finland. The themes of her poems were art and femininity. In collection Pahat unet (1956) some of the poems have a free form. The next collection, Portaat, came five years later.
References[change | change source]
- Hökkä, Tuula. "Leaving War Behind". The History of Nordic Women's Literature. Retrieved 24 September 2016.
- Polkunen, Miriam (2005). "Meriluoto, Aila (1924- )". The National Biography of Finland. (in Finnish). Biografiakeskus, Suomalaisen Kirjallisuuden Seura. Retrieved 24 September 2016.
- "Meriluoto, Aila". Kirjasampo (in Finnish). Retrieved 24 September 2016.
- "Runoilija Aila Meriluoto on kuollut" (in Finnish). Ilta-Sanomat. 2019-10-22. Retrieved 2019-10-22.
- Kirssi, Elina (2019-10-22). "Runoilija Aila Meriluoto on kuollut 95-vuotiaana – tästä me hänet muistamme" (in Finnish). Seura. Retrieved 2019-10-22.