This article needs more sources for reliability. (May 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Aileen Wuornos mug shot
Aileen Carol Pittman
February 29, 1956
Troy, Michigan, United States
|Died||October 9, 2002 (aged 46)|
|Cause of death||Execution by lethal injection|
|Other names||Sandra Kretsch|
Susan Lynn Blahovec
Cammie Marsh Greene
Lori Kristine Grody
Lewis Gratz Fell
(m. 1976; div. 1976)
|Conviction(s)||6 counts of 1st degree murder|
Span of crimes
|November 30, 1989–November 19, 1990|
|Weapons||High Standard .22-caliber revolver|
|January 9, 1991|
Aileen Carol Wuornos Pralle (born Aileen Carol Pittman; February 29, 1956 – October 9, 2002) was an American serial killer. She was born in Rochester, Michigan. She confessed to killing six men in Florida and was executed in Florida State Prison by lethal injection for the murders. Wuornos said that the men she killed had raped her or tried to rape her while she was working as a prostitute.
The movie, Monster is about her life. Two documentaries were made about her.
Early life[change | change source]
Wuornos was born Aileen Carol Pittman in Rochester, Michigan. She never met her father. Wuornos was adopted by her grandparents. When she was 13 she became pregnant. She started working as a prostitute when she was 14.
References[change | change source]
- "Aileen Carol Wuornos". The Clark County Prosecuting Attorney. Archived from the original on September 27, 2008. Retrieved September 26, 2008.
- "The world's first female serial killer, Aileen Wuornos of the US". India TV News. March 11, 2013. Retrieved 23 January 2018.
- Profile Archived 27 September 2008 at WebCite
- Silvio, H., McCloskey, K., & Ramos-Grenier, J. (2006). Theoretical consideration of female sexual predator serial killers in the United States. Journal of Criminal Justice, 34(3), 251-259.
- Howard, Amanda; Martin Smith (2004). River of Blood: Serial Killers and Their Victims. Universal-Publishers. p. 332. ISBN 978-1-58112-518-4.