Al-Hasakah[nb 1] (Arabic: ٱلْحَسَكَة, romanized: al-Ḥasaka, Kurdish: حەسیچە Hesekê, Syriac: ܚܣܝܟܐ Haseka), is the capital city of the Al-Hasakah Governorate, in the northeastern corner of Syria. It is one of the ten largest cities in Syria and the largest in the governorate. It had a population of 251,570 in 2004.
Notes[change | change source]
- Also known as Al-Hasakeh, Al-Hasaka or simply Hasakah.
References[change | change source]
- "Interview: "When COVID-19 does arrive, these water cuts will kill people" - Sara Montinaro from Kurdish Red Crescent". Rojava Information Center. 2020-07-11. Archived from the original on 2023-04-29. Retrieved 2020-11-08.
- "Turkey cuts off water to Heseke. "Without water there is no life"". Women Defend Rojava. 2020-03-13. Retrieved 2020-11-08.
- "ISIS member captured in Heseke countryside". ANF News. Retrieved 2020-11-08.
- Thomas A. Carlson et al., “al-Ḥasake — ܚܣܝܟܐ ” in The Syriac Gazetteer last modified December 9, 2016, http://syriaca.org/place/213.
- "CBSSYR : Arab Republic Office of Prime Minister". Archived from the original on 2013-04-08.