Alan Alda at the World Science Festival
|Born||Alfonso Joseph D'Abruzzo|
January 28, 1936
The Bronx, New York City, U.S.
|Alma mater||Fordham University|
|Years active||1958 – present|
|Known for||Acting roles:|
Arlene Alda (m. 1957)
|Awards||Actor of the Year - Series|
Outstanding Lead Actor - Comedy Series
Outstanding Supporting Actor - Drama Series
2006 The West Wing
Outstanding Directing - Comedy Series
Outstanding Writing - Comedy Series
Golden Globe Award for Best Actor in a Television Comedy or Musical
Alan Alda (real name: Alfonso Joseph D'Abruzzo) (born January 28, 1936) is an American actor. His mother was of Irish ancestry; his father was of Italian ancestry. He has appeared in, as well as directed and wrote, many movies. He is probably most famous for his role as "Hawkeye" Pierce, the central character on the comedy/drama TV series M*A*S*H, as well as writing and directing several episodes of the show, and later becoming one of its producers. Alan also has been the host of Scientific American Frontiers on PBS since 1993. His father, Robert Alda, was an actor, and his mother, Joan, was once crowned Miss New York. Alan has been married to Arlene Weiss since 1957 and they have three daughters.
References[change | change source]
- "Alan Alda reveals he has Parkinson's disease". CBS News / CBS This Morning. 2018-07-31. Retrieved 2018-07-31.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Alan Alda at TV.com
- Alan Alda on IMDb
- "Alan Alda, on season 4". Scientific American Frontiers. Chedd-Angier Production Company. 1993–1994. Archived from the original on 2006.
- Bio on Scientific American Frontiers
- Comprehensive bio
- InnerVIEWS with Ernie Manouse: Alan Alda (TV Interview)
- Archive of American Television interview
- Military Service
- Interview with Alda on NPR's Fresh Air (September 21, 2005)
- Alan Alda's Charity Work
- Performance Working in the Theatre seminar video at American Theatre Wing.org, April 1992
- Never Have Your Dog Stuffed: And Other Things I've Learned (Chapter 1)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alan Alda.|