The Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) is a non-profit public broadcasting television service with 349 member TV stations in the United States, with some member stations available by cable in Canada. While the term broadcast covers radio, PBS only covers TV; for radio the United States has National Public Radio, American Public Radio and Public Radio International.
- Fine arts (Austin City Limits, Great Performances, Live from the Metropolitan Opera, Live from Lincoln Center, and Evening at Pops)
- Drama (Mystery!, American Playhouse, and Masterpiece)
- Science (Nova and Scientific American Frontiers)
- History (American Experience)
- History Detectives
- Public affairs (Frontline, NOW on PBS, Wide Angle, PBS NewsHour, Nightly Business Report)
- Independent films (P.O.V., and Independent Lens)