Alexandra of Denmark (Alexandra Carolina Marie Charlotte Louise Julia; 1 December 1844 – 20 November 1925) was the wife of King Edward VII. She was born in Denmark, and married Edward, then Prince of Wales, in 1863. After her husband's death in 1910, she retired from public life. She died at the age of 80 on 20 November 1925 at Sandringham House from heart attack her funeral took place on 28 November 1925 she was buried with her husband King Edward VII.
More reading[change | change source]
- Battiscombe, Georgina (1969). Queen Alexandra. London: Constable. ISBN 9780094565609. SBN 09-456560-0.
- Bentley-Cranch, Dana (1992). Edward VII: Image of an Era 1841-1910. London: Her Majesty's Stationery Office. ISBN 0-112-90508-0.
- Duff, David (1980). Alexandra: Princess and Queen. London: Collins. ISBN 0-002-16667-4.
- Ensor, R. C. K. (1936). England 1870–1914. Oxford University Press.
- Hough, Richard (1992). Edward & Alexandra: Their Private And Public Lives. London: Hodder & Stoddart. ISBN 0-340-55825-3.
- Priestley, J. B. (1970). The Edwardians. London: Heinemann. ISBN 0-434-60332-5.
- Windsor, The Duke of (1951). A King's Story: The Memoirs of H.R.H. The Duke of Windsor K.G. London: Cassell and Co.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Queen Alexandra of the United Kingdom at Wikimedia Commons