Alice in Chains
|Alice in Chains|
Alice in Chains in September 2007. From left to right: William DuVall, Sean Kinney, and Jerry Cantrell.
|Also known as||Alice N' Chains|
|Genres||Heavy metal, hard rock, alternative metal, grunge, alternative rock|
|Years active||1987-2002, 2005-present|
|Labels||Columbia, Virgin Records/EMI|
Class of '99
Alice in Chains is a popular alternative rock band that formed in Seattle, Washington in 1987. They have sold an estimated 15 million albums in the US alone. Alice in Chains is sometimes thought of as a heavy metal band, but is mostly considered a grunge band.
The band's first lead singer, Layne Staley, became addicted to drugs. He often wrote about drug addiction in his lyrics. He died in Seattle in April 2002 after a fatal drug overdose. William DuVall took over as the lead singer in 2006.
Band members[change | change source]
Current members[change | change source]
- William DuVall - lead vocals, rhythm guitar (2006-present)
- Jerry Cantrell - lead & rhythm guitars, vocals (1987-2002, 2005-present)
- Mike Inez - bass, backing vocals (1993-2002, 2005-present)
- Sean Kinney - drums, percussion (1987-2002, 2005-present)
Former members[change | change source]
Touring musicians[change | change source]
- Patrick Lachman - lead vocals (2005-2006)
- Scott Olson - acoustic guitar, bass (1996)
Discography[change | change source]
- Facelift (1990)
- Dirt (1992)
- Alice in Chains (1995)
- Black Gives Way to Blue (2009)
- The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here (2013)
References[change | change source]
- Sharpe-Young, Garry (23 April 2007), Hard Rock: Alice in Chains, retrieved July 18, 2007
- Alice in Chains info page
- Heckman, Candace (April 20, 2002). "Alice in Chains singer died of natural causes or overdose". seattlepi.com. Retrieved March 29, 2011.
- Heckman, Candance (May 7, 2002). "Staley's death was from mix of heroin and cocaine". seattlepi.com. Retrieved March 29, 2011.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alice in Chains.|
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Alice in Chains|