|Birth name||Andrew McLan Fraser|
3 July 1952|
Paddington, London, England
|Died||16 March 2015
Temecula, California, United States
|Genres||Hard rock, blues-rock|
|Instruments||Bass, guitar, piano, vocals|
|Associated acts||Free, John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers, Sharks|
Andrew McLan "Andy" Fraser (3 July 1952 – 16 March 2015) was an English songwriter and bass guitarist whose career lasted over forty years and includes a notable period as one of the founding members of the rock band Free in 1968, at age 15.
Fraser died on 16 March 2015 at his home in California. He had been battling Cancer and AIDS. The cause of his death is under investigation. Fraser is survived by his daughters Hannah and Jasmine Fraser.
References[change | change source]
- "Free bassist Andy Fraser dead at 62". Classic Rock. 17 March 2015. http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2015-03-17/free-bassist-andy-fraser-dead-at-62. Retrieved 17 March 2015.
- "Free bassist Andy Fraser dies at 62". BBC News. 18 March 2015. http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-31937608. Retrieved 19 March 2015.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Andy Fraser official website
- Andy Fraser press kit
- Andy Fraser at the Internet Movie Database
- Two-part exclusive interview with Andy Fraser on music and life. At DME
- Andy Fraser bass guitar goes on exhibit at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum
- Gibson Bass interview with Andy Fraser
- Fraser Protege Tobi Earnshaw