Andrew Clement "Andy" Serkis (born 20 April 1964) is an English movie, television, stage, voice actor, comedian, movie producer, and writer who is known for his roles in The Lord of the Rings movie series, King Kong, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, and in The Adventures of Tintin. He has won two Saturn Award in 2002 and in 2011 and a Screen Actors Guild Award in 2003.
Serkis played Alfred Pennyworth in the 2022 crime-thriller movie The Batman.
Serkis was born on 20 April 1964 in Ruislip, Middlesex, England. He studied at St Benedict's School, Ealing, Lancaster University, and in The County College. Serkis has been married to Lorraine Ashbourne since 2002. They have three children.
Serkis has won 15 top awards for his portrayal of Gollum and his other work in movies, television and stage acting.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ Aguilar, Matthew (November 13, 2019). "Batman Director Confirms Andy Serkis as Alfred". Comicbook.com. Retrieved November 13, 2019.
- ↑ "Mr Andrew Clement Serkis | Level". Levelbusiness.com. Retrieved 21 August 2011.
- ↑ Honorary degree for Andy Serkis
- ↑ "Andy Serkis to be honoured at the 2020 EE British Academy Film Award for Outstanding British Contribution to Cinema". British Academy of Film and Television Arts. 23 January 2020. 
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Andy Serkis at Wikimedia Commons
- 1964 births
- Living people
- Actors from London
- Actors from Middlesex
- English movie actors
- English stage actors
- English television actors
- English voice actors
- Movie producers from London
- People from the London Borough of Hillingdon
- Saturn Award winners
- Screen Actors Guild Award winners
- Writers from London
- Writers from Middlesex