Anna Karenina (disambiguation)
For movie, TV, radio, or theatrical adaptations of the novel see:
- 1914: Anna Karenina (1914 movie), a Russian adaptation directed by Vladimir Gardin.
- 1915: Anna Karenina (1915 movie), an American version starring Danish actress Betty Nansen.
- 1927: Love (1927 movie), an American version, starring Greta Garbo and directed by Edmund Goulding. This version featured significant changes from the novel and had two different endings, with a happy one for American audiences.
- 1935: Anna Karenina (1935 movie), the most famous and critically acclaimed version, starring Greta Garbo and Fredric March and directed by Clarence Brown.
- 1944: A radio adaptation on The Screen Guild Theater starring Ingrid Bergman and Gregory Peck. Ingrid Bergman also did a Theater Guild on the Air adaptation in 1948.
- 1948: Anna Karenina (1948 movie) starring Vivien Leigh, Ralph Richardson and directed by Julien Duvivier.
- 1953: Anna Karenina (1953 movie), a Russian version directed by Tatyana Lukashevich.
- 1961: Anna Karenina (TV programme), a BBC Television adaptation directed by Rudolph Cartier, starring Sean Connery and Claire Bloom.
- 1967: Anna Karenina (1967 movie), a Russian version directed by Alexander Zarkhi.
- 1971: Anna Karenina (ballet), a ballet by Rodion Konstantinovich Shchedrin.
- 1977: Anna Karenina (1977 TV serial), a 10 part British TV miniseries directed by Basil Coleman.
- 1985: Anna Karenina (1985 movie), a TV Movie starring Jacqueline Bisset and Christopher Reeve, directed by Simon Langton.
- 1992: Anna Karenina (musical), an ill-fated Broadway musical adaptation.
- 1997: Anna Karenina (1997 movie), the first US version to be filmed on location in Russia, directed by Bernard Rose and starring Sophie Marceau and Sean Bean.
- 1997: A 4 part BBC radio production starring Toby Stephens
- 2000: Anna Karenina (2000 TV serial), a 4 part British TV adaptation directed by David Blair.
- 2005: Anna Karenina (2005 ballet), a Russian ballet in 2 acts choreoraphed by Boris Eifman.
- 2007: Anna Karenina (2007 opera), an American opera with music by David Carlson from a libretto by Colin Graham which premiered in April 2007 at Florida Grand Opera starring Kelly Kaduce as Anna.
- 2009: Anna Karenina (2009 movie), a Russian mini-series by Sergei Solovyov.
For the cruiseferry, see M/S Anna Karenina
References[change | change source]
- Wake, Oliver. "Cartier, Rudolph (1904–1994)". Screenonline. http://www.screenonline.org.uk/people/id/1181098/index.html. Retrieved 2007-02-25.
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.