|Sir Sean Connery
Connery in June 2008
|Born||Sean Thomas Connery
25 August 1930
|Years active||1954–2006, 2010|
|Net worth||$300 million |
|Height||6' 2" (1.88 m)|
|Political party||Scottish National Party|
(m. 1962-1973, divorced)
Euphemia (née Maclean)
|Relatives||Neil Connery (brother)|
Sir Sean Thomas Connery KBE (born 25 August 1930) is a Scottish actor. He has won an Academy Award, two BAFTA Awards (one of them a BAFTA Academy Fellowship Award) and three Golden Globes (including the Cecil B. DeMille Award and a Henrietta Award). He is known for his charm and good looks, which have made him very famous. He is best known for playing James Bond in several of the James Bond movies. Connery is the tallest actor to play James Bond to this day.
Personal life[change | change source]
He was born in Fountainbridge, Edinburgh. He was born as Thomas Connery, but later added Sean as his stage name which is what most people call him. Connery was married to Diane Cilento from 1962 until they divorced in 1973. He has been married to Micheline Roquebrune since 1975. He has a son, actor Jason Connery, by Cilento.
Health[change | change source]
In 1993, news that Connery was undergoing radiation treatment for an undisclosed throat ailment sparked media reports that the actor was suffering from throat cancer following years of heavy smoking, and he was falsely declared dead by the Japanese and South African news agencies. In 2008, he chipped a bone in his shoulder after falling while playing golf. In October 2009, he told Wine Spectator magazine that he has been diagnosed with a heart condition.
Movies[change | change source]
- Dr. No (1962)
- From Russia with Love (1963)
- Goldfinger (1964)
- Thunderball (1965)
- You Only Live Twice (1967)
- Diamonds are forever (1971)
- Murder on the Orient Express (1974)
- Never Say Never Again (1983)
- The Name of the Rose (1986)
- Highlander (1986)
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)
- The Hunt For Red October (1990)
- First Knight (1995)
- Dragonheart (1996)
- The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (2003)
References[change | change source]
- "Sean Connery at 80: My acting days are over but I'm still loving life". The Daily Record. 25 August 2010. Retrieved 12 October 2010.
- Sean Connery trivia at WDW.com
- James Bond Height Chart at Klast.net
- "Heart patient Sean Connery refuses to give up red wine". Thaindian.com. 11 October 2009. Retrieved 18 June 2010.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sean Connery.|
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Sean Connery|