Archduke Joseph Árpád of Austria
|Archduke Joseph Árpád|
Archduke Joseph of Austria in 2009
|Born||8 February 1933|
|Died||30 April 2017 (aged 84)|
Maria von Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg (m. 1956)
|Issue||Archduke Joseph Karl|
Archduke Joseph Karl
Archduchess Maria Christine
Archduchess Alexandra Lydia
Archduke Nicolaus Franziskus
Archduke Johannes Jacobus
|Father||Archduke Joseph Francis of Austria|
|Mother||Princess Anna of Saxony|
Archduke Joseph Árpád Benedikt Ferdinand Franz Maria Gabriel (Hungarian: Habsburg–Lotaringiai József Árpád; 8 February 1933 – 30 April 2017)  was a member of the Hungarian Palatine branch of the House of Habsburg-Lorraine.
Family[change | change source]
He was born in Budapest, the son of Archduke Joseph Francis of Austria and his wife, Princess Anna of Saxony. He was the great-grandson of Archduke Joseph of Austria, Count Palatine of Hungary.
Honors[change | change source]
- Austrian Empire: Knight of the Order of the Golden Fleece (1961)
- Kingdom of Hungary: General Captain of the Order of Vitéz (1977–2017)
Personal life[change | change source]
He received a degree in economics from the University of Lisbon.
References[change | change source]
- archiduc Joseph-Arpad de Habsbourg-Lorraine, chef de la Maison palatine de Hongrie (1933-2017)
- Muere en Madrid el archiduque José Árpád de Habsburgo-Lorena. Obituary by Count Miklós Cseszneky
- "European Royalty during World War II:Genealogical Tables Descendants of Archduke Joseph of Austria, Count Palatine of Hungary, 1801-1945". Archived from the original on 2016-01-26. Retrieved 2017-05-02.