Arthur "Art" Janov (//; (August 21, 1924 – October 1, 2017) was an American psychologist, psychotherapist, and the creator of primal therapy, a treatment for mental illness that involves repeatedly descending into, feeling, and experiencing long-repressed childhood pain. He was born in Los Angeles, California.
References[change | change source]
- Janov, Arthur (1977). The Primal Scream. New York: Abacus. p. 40. ISBN 0-349-11834-5.
- "Arthur Janov, psychologist who created the 'primal scream,' dies at 93". The Washington Post. October 5, 2017. Retrieved October 6, 2017.
- "Janov's Reflections on the Human Condition: The Simple Truth is Revolutionary". Cogogne News. October 2, 2017. Retrieved October 2, 2017.
- "Primalterapins uppfinnare Arthur Janov död" (in Swedish). Dagens Nyheter. October 2, 2017. Retrieved October 2, 2017.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Dr Arthur Janov's Primal Center
- Janov's Reflections on the Human Condition Arthur Janov's Blog
- Grand Delusions—Psychotherapies Without Feeling (2005) unpublished manuscript available at the Primal Center's website
- Life Before Birth website