History[change | change source]
The first group for LGBT Palestinians was the international Jerusalem Open House. Palestinians started to meet there in 2001. After the Oslo Accords in 1993, many Palestinian groups were part of Israeli groups. But later, in the 2000s, many groups decided to be independent. In 2002, "Aswat: Palestinian Gay Women" started as an independent project with Kayan, a Palestinian feminist group in Haifa.
The group publishes Arabic literature about homosexuality. They published five newsletters in Arabic about gays and lesbians, and they published an Arabic glossary of terms of sexual orientation. They also published a book called "Home and Exile in Queer Experience".
Books[change | change source]
- Home and Exile in Queer Experience (in Arabic), ( الداخل والمنفى في تجربة اللوطي ) 2006.
- My right to live as I choose, ("حقي أن أعيش،أن اختار أن أكون") 2007.
- Pause Girls, ( "وقفة بنات" ) 2009.
- Activist voices, ( "أصوات ناشطة" ) 2012.
- About Homosexuality, ( "عن المثليّة" ) 2013.