Austin & Ally
This article does not have any sources. (July 2014)
|Austin & Ally|
|Theme music composer|
|Opening theme||"Can't Do It Without You", performed by Ross Lynch (Season 1 - 3) performed by Ross Lynch and Laura Marano (Season 4)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||4|
|No. of episodes||76 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||22–26 minutes|
|Distributor||Disney–ABC Domestic Television|
|Original network||Disney Channel|
|Original release||December 2, 2011 –|
January 10, 2016
Austin & Ally is an American sitcom. It started on December 2, 2011, on the Disney Channel. The main characters are Austin (Ross Lynch) Ally (Laura Marano) Trish (Raini Rodriguez) and Dez (Calum Worthy). The story is set in Miami. Most of the time the characters are in Sonic Boom, a music shop. The shop is owned by Ally’s father, but Ally is the manager. Austin and Ally have their rehearsal room in Sonic Boom. There are secondary characters in this sitcom: Ally's parent, Nelson and Jimmy Star (the boss of Austin’s recording studio).
Plot[change | change source]
Austin & Ally is a comedy about the friendship of the singer and musician Austin Moon (Ross Lynch) and the shy songwriter Ally Dawson (Laura Marano). In the show, Ally has strong stage fright (fear of being on a stage in front of many people).
In the first episode called "Rockers & Writers", Austin secretly sings and records one of Ally's songs. He becomes famous from it after his best friend Dez (Calum Worthy) helps him make a music video for the song and posts it on the internet. Ally is convinced by her best friend Trish (Raini Rodriguez) to tell people she wrote the song. Austin convinces Ally to join him to write songs. The two become friends and work on making Austin more famous. Trish becomes Austin's manager and Dez creates Austin's music videos. The four of them have many adventures in Austin's music career. Austin gets signed to a character Jimmy Star's record label at the end of the first season.
Austin and Ally work together to solve problems in the second season. Ally gets rid of her stage fright by performing with Austin. Ally signs a record deal and records an album. Austin goes on a national tour. Ally does not go to the first part of Austin's tour but does go to the second half.
Main cast[change | change source]
- Ross Lynch as Austin Moon, an outgoing singer who became famous on the internet. Austin's best friends are Dez, Ally and Trish. He loves singing, dancing, and having fun. His middle name is Monica. He is shown as sweet, childish, and caring for others. Austin starts to like Ally romantically in Season 2. Austin goes on his first big tour at the end of Season 2.
- Laura Marano as Ally Dawson, a singer and songwriter who had stage fright. She started writing songs for herself. She later became friends with Austin and made songs with him too. She works at her father's music store, Sonic Boom. Ally begins her own career in Season 2. Ally likes Austin romantically in Season 2.
- Raini Rodriguez as Trish, Ally's best friend and Austin's manager. She changes her jobs a lot because she does not work hard or go to work a lot. The one job she is good at is being Austin's manager. Trish also became Ally's manager in Season 2. She sometimes loves and sometimes hates Dez. She cares for her friends.
- Calum Worthy as Dez, a director who wears unusual clothes and is not very smart. He films Austin's music videos and is Austin's best friend. He sometimes loves and sometimes hates Trish. He is usually not serious. He carries strange things in his backpack.
Episodes[change | change source]
|Season||Episodes||Originally aired (U.S. dates)|
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||19||December 2, 2011
December 4, 2011 (premiere)
|September 9, 2012|
|2||26||October 7, 2012||September 29, 2013|
|3||22||October 27, 2013||November 23, 2014|
|4||20||January 18, 2015||January 10, 2016|
References[change | change source]
- "Austin & Ally: Cast & Details". TV Guide. Archived from the original on December 5, 2011. Retrieved March 23, 2015.
Austin & Ally Premiered: December 2, 2011, on Disney
- Lynch, Ross (September 9, 2012). "Don't miss Austin and Ally tonight! It's the last episode for season 1!". Verified Twitter. Retrieved September 9, 2012.
- Schneider, Michael (September 6, 2012). "Exclusive: Premiere Date for Season 2 of Disney Channel's Austin & Ally". TV Guide. Archived from the original on September 10, 2012. Retrieved March 23, 2015.
- "November 2014 Programming Highlights" (PDF). Disney Channel Medianet. Retrieved October 28, 2014.
- "October Programming Highlights" (PDF). Disney Channel Medianet. Retrieved September 29, 2013.
- Schneider, Michael (December 10, 2014). "First Look: Disney Sets Preview of Animated Comedy Adventure Star vs. The Forces of Evil". TV Guide. Retrieved December 12, 2014.