Benjamin Daniel Breedlove
August 8, 1993
|Died||December 25, 2011 (aged 18)|
|Cause of death||Cardiac arrest|
|Alma mater||Westlake High School|
At an early age, Breedlove had been diagnosed with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM). It is a condition in which the heart muscle becomes thick. Often, only one part of the heart is thicker than the other parts. The thickening can make it harder for blood to leave the heart, forcing the heart to work harder to pump blood. It also can make it harder for the heart to relax and fill with blood.
References[change | change source]
- Cargile, Erin (December 29, 2011). "How Ben lived with his heart condition". KXAN.com. Retrieved December 28, 2011.
- Ng, Christina (December 28, 2011). "Texas Teen Ben Breedlove Posted Powerful Videos Before Christmas Death". American Broadcasting Company. Retrieved December 29, 2011.
- "'There was this bright light above me': Teenager makes heartbreaking video about his near-death experiences — a week before he dies from heart attack". Daily Mail. December 28, 2011. Retrieved December 28, 2011.
- Rene Lynch & Deborah Netburn (December 28, 2011). "Texas teen dies on Christmas, leaves online message". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved December 29, 2011.
- "Teen Shares His Heartbreaking Story". Huffington Post. December 28, 2011. Retrieved December 29, 2011.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association
- Ben Breedlove Memorial Service Video
- Ben Breedlove at Find a Grave