Bhubaneshwar is the capital city of the Indian state of Odisha. It is the largest city in Odisha. Bhubaneswar means "lord of the world". Many temples are present in this city. So, it is also called "Temple city of India". It is a religious centre in Orissa from the Middle Ages. It is a planned city of modern India.
In 1948, Bhubaneshwar became political capital of Odisha. Before this, it was Cuttack. Bhubaneshwar and Cuttack are together called "twin-cities" of Orissa.
References[change | change source]
- Amulya Mohapatra; Bijaya Mohapatra (1 December 1995). Hinduism: Analytical Study. Mittal Publications. pp. 107–. ISBN 978-81-7099-388-9. Retrieved 15 July 2012.
- "E-Governance". Archived from the original on 2012-12-03. Retrieved 2012-07-15.
- Ramesh Prasad Mohapatra, Archaeology in Orissa, Vol I, Page 47, B. R. Publishing Corporation, Delhi, 1986, ISBN 978-81-7018-346-4
- "Planned Cities in India" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2012-07-15.
- Orissa General Knowledge. Bright Publications. pp. 13–. ISBN 978-81-7199-574-5. Retrieved 15 July 2012.