Bilbao is a city in the Basque Country, in the North of Spain. There are 350,000 people living in Bilbao.
In Bilbao is the Nervión river, which ends in the Bay of Biscay. Bilbao has an oceanic climate (Cfb in the Köppen climate classification).
Bilbao was an industrial city, but today it is a tourist city. There are many things to see in Bilbao:
- Guggenheim Museum Bilbao (Modern Art)
- Bellas Artes Museum (Fine Art)
- University of Deusto
- Metro Bilbao (Bilbao's Underground)
- Bilbao's Town Hall
- Arriaga Theatre
- Casco Viejo (Old City)
- St. Jacob's Cathedral
- Virgin Begoña's Basilic
- Gran Vía (Great Avenue)
- Plaza del Sagrado Corazón (Christ's Holy Heart Square)
- San Mamés stadium
Related pages[change | change source]
Other websites[change | change source]
- Bilbao's official website
- Bilbao's Chamber of Commerce official tourism website Archived 2019-01-01 at the Wayback Machine
- Scholars on Bilbao: This website encompasses academic works that analyse the urban regeneration of the city of Bilbao (e.g. strategic plans, infrastructures, the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao and dilemmas, cultural tourism, gentrification, uneven development, creative industries, artists ... etc).