Black Eyed Peas
|Also known as||B.E.P.|
|Origin||Los Angeles, California, United States|
Members of the group and its history[change | change source]
- Stacy Ann Ferguson, better known as Fergie, (born March 27, 1975) is a singer, actress and songwriter. She was revealed by the TV shows Kids Incorporated and Great Pretenders. The shows revealed her talents. Fergie began her career as a singer with the R&B trio Wild Orchid. She acted in Nine which was released in 2010. In 2017, Fergie left the Black Eyed Peas to focus on her solo career.".
- will.i.am (real name William Adams; born on March 15, 1975 in Los Angeles) is a rapper, record producer, and singer. will.i.am rose to fame as frontman and co-founder of the Black Eyed Peas. He has recently left Interscope for a solo deal with Def Jam.
- Allan Pineda Lindo, better known as Apl.de.ap, is a Filipino American hip-hop musician and producer. He was born in November 28, 1974 in Angeles City in the Philippines. At the age of 11, he moved to the United States because he was adopted by the Hudgen's family. He began his career as a singer in the group "Atban Klann" with will.i.am. It became "Black Eyed Peas" when Taboo entered this group in 1995.
- Taboo (real name Jaime Luis Gomez) was born in July 14, 1975 in Los Angeles. He joined the Black Eyed Peas in 1995. He has a son named Josh who was born in December 5, 1993.
Before they became popular, the group's members were will.i.am, apl.de.ap, Taboo and backing vocalist Kim Hill. Hill left the group in 2000 and was replaced in 2003 by Fergie. They first became popular with the single "Where Is the Love" and the album Elephunk. Their next album Monkey Business was also successful. They have more recently released The E.N.D., an album that has had the successful singles "Boom Boom Pow", "I Gotta Feeling" and "Meet Me Halfway".
Albums[change | change source]
- Behind the Front (1998)
- Bridging the Gap (2000)
- Elephunk (2003)
- Monkey Business (2005)
- The E.N.D. (2009)
- The Beginning (2010)
- Masters of the Sun Vol. 1 (2018)
References[change | change source]
- Fresh, Mikey (2 June 2017). "Fergie Takes A Break From Black Eyed Peas To Focus On Solo Career". Vibe. Billboard-Hollywood Reporter Media Group. Retrieved 4 June 2017.