Blade Runner 2049
|Blade Runner 2049|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Denis Villeneuve|
|Story by||Hampton Fancher|
|Based on||Characters from Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?|
by Philip K. Dick
|Edited by||Joe Walker|
|Box office||$82.9 million|
Blade Runner 2049 is a 2017 American neo-noir science fiction movie directed by Denis Villeneuve and written by Hampton Fancher and Michael Green. A sequel to Blade Runner (1982), the movie stars Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford, with Ana de Armas, Sylvia Hoeks, Robin Wright, Mackenzie Davis, Carla Juri, Lennie James, Dave Bautista and Jared Leto in supporting roles.
Plot[change | change source]
Set thirty years after the original film, the story depicts a replicant blade runner named K, who discovers the remains of a once-pregnant replicant. To prevent a possible war between species, K is secretly tasked with finding the child and destroying all evidence related to it, leading him to discover that the child bears a connection to missing blade runner Deckard.
Release[change | change source]
Blade Runner 2049 premiered in Los Angeles on October 3, 2017 and was released in the United States on October 6, 2017, in 2D, 3D and IMAX. The movie received acclaim from critics, with some regarding it as one of the best sequels ever made.
References[change | change source]
- "Johnnie Walker Releases Whisky of the Future, Inspired By Blade Runner 2049". Markets Insider. PR Newswire. September 25, 2017. Retrieved September 26, 2017.
- "BLADE RUNNER 2049". British Board of Film Classification. September 25, 2017. Retrieved October 5, 2017.
- "'Blade Runner 2049' Kicks Off October Box Office as Clear Favorite". TheWrap. October 7, 2017.
- "'Blade Runner 2049' Tracking for $40M-Plus U.S. Debut". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved September 14, 2017.
- "Blade Runner 2049 (2017)". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved October 7, 2017.
- Egner, Jeremy (September 8, 2017). "'Blade Runner 2049': Harrison Ford, Ryan Gosling and the Creators Discuss the Sci-Fi Sequel and Rehash Old Arguments". The New York Times. Retrieved September 9, 2017.
- Lynch, John (September 28, 2017). "The first reviews of 'Blade Runner 2049' are calling it a 'sci-fi masterpiece'". Business Insider. Retrieved September 29, 2017.
- Bradshaw, Peter (September 29, 2017). "Blade Runner 2049 review – a gigantic spectacle of pure hallucinatory craziness". The Guardian. Retrieved September 29, 2017.
- "Impeccably cool 'Blade Runner 2049' is a ravishing visual feast: EW review". September 29, 2017. Retrieved September 29, 2017.
- Kohn, Eric (September 29, 2017). "Blade Runner 2049 review – Denis Villeneuve's Neo-Noir Sequel Is Mind-Blowing Sci-Fi Storytelling". Indiewire. Retrieved September 29, 2017.