From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: bloom.|
Bloom may also mean:
Entertainment[change | change source]
- Club Blooming is a football (soccer) club and academy from Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia.
- Bloom (novel) is a science fiction novel by Wil McCarthy.
- Bloom (boutique) is a specialty boutique in Newark, Delaware.
- Bloom (movie) is a 2004 movie based on James Joyce's novel Ulysses.
- Bloom (band) is an Australian trip hop band from the mid-1990s.
- Bloom is the name of several record albums. See Bloom (album)
- Bloom (Winx Club) is a fictional character from the Winx Club animated series.
Science[change | change source]
- Bloom is the name for an unconsolidated mass of iron metal, mixed with remains of slag and charcoal that is produced in the 'bloomery' process, i.e. the direct reduction of iron metal from terrestrial ores by smelting. The same term is used for a similar mass of iron metal produced in the finery process.
- Bloom is also the name for a section of steel, with the dimensions of 630 mm wide, 400 mm high and 6 m long. Compare with billet and slab.
- Bloom filter is a probabilistic method to find a subset of a given set.
- Charge-coupled device bloom is a property of CCD image sensors that causes charge from the potential well of one pixel to overflow into others.
- Blooming (laser) is an effect of laser beams and particle beams in air. See Directed-energy weapon#Blooming
- Bloom (test) is a test to measure the strength of a gel or gelatin.
- Bloom (shader effect) is a graphics effect used in modern 3D computer games.
- Bloom is also used to refer to the whitish covering which sometimes appears on improperly tempered chocolate.
- Bloom is used to refer to the glaucous, bluish appearance of plant surfaces covered with epicuticular wax.
- Bloom is a term to describe the process involving Meat.. All meat is more of a brown color until the oxygen hits it and the myoglobins turn it red..This process is called "blooming". If Meat is deprived of oxygen the same applies..it will turn dark in those spots that, touch something. The meat "blooms" when exposed to air and turns red.
Nature[change | change source]
- A bloom can be a large swarm (or "smack") of jellyfish.
- The phenomenon of algal bloom.
- Bloom on fruit such as plums or grapes is a white or bluish covering. Once thought to be wild yeast cells, it is now known to be waxy coverings to the epithelial cells of the fruit, presumably intended to provide some protection from environmental damage.
People named Bloom[change | change source]
- Allan Bloom (1930–1992), American philosopher and author.
- Benjamin Bloom (1913–1999), American educator.
- Bobby Bloom (1946–1974), American singer songwriter best known for one hit wonder "Montego Bay" in 1970.
- Claire Bloom (born 1931), British actor.
- David Bloom (1963–2003), NBC journalist.
- Harold Bloom (born 1930), American literary critic.
- Harry Bloom (1913–1981), South African novelist and activist.
- Howard Bloom (born 1943), American author.
- Luka Bloom (born 1955), Irish musician.
- Matthew Bloom (born 1972), American wrestler.
- Leopold Bloom and Molly Bloom, fictional characters in James Joyce's Ulysses.
- Orlando Bloom (born 1977), English actor.
- Ursula Bloom (1892–1984), English writer.
- Verna Bloom, American actress, best known for role in Animal House.
Business[change | change source]
Education[change | change source]
- Bloom Public School is a K–12 school in Vasant Kunj, New Delhi, India.
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.